Ammonia has a very high level of toxicity, and it needs to be completely eliminated from your fish tank. How to Lower Ammonia Levels in Fish Tank? There are many ways how to lower ammonia levels in the fish tank, so this article will cover how to do it with the following methods:
Steps for How to Lower Ammonia Levels in Fish Tank
- Clean the tank and gravel with a watertight brush.
- Remove all plants from the aquarium.
- Perform a 50% water change.
- Add an ammonia-eating bacteria to your filter media.
- Make sure you have enough oxygen in the tank, as high levels of ammonia can cause fish to suffocate.
- Feed your fish fewer protein foods – they will be easier for your filter to process, reducing their risk of dying or getting sick from too much protein intake.
For more amazing and informative articles, Click below!