This post will detail how to install elvui in 9 easy steps. Elvui is a complete UI overhaul for World of Warcraft. It changes the look and feels of your game, adding tons of new features and options to help you customize your experience.
Steps for How to install elvui
- Download the latest version of Elvui from http://www.elvui.com
- Extract the downloaded zip file to your desktop
- Navigate to your World of Warcraft directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft) and locate the WTF folder
- Open the WTF folder and find config-cache-profiles
- Copy all files in this folder, including hidden ones (.dat), into the extracted elvui folder on your desktop
- Find the “config-cache” folder inside the elvui folder on your desktop and open it with notepad or any text editing software you have installed on your computer
- In notepad, press Ctrl+F to search for ‘set realmlist’ as shown below
- Add a line at the end of this command that points to where you installed WoW, then save changes by pressing Ctrl+S or going File> Save As… > Change filename if needed, then click save button again> Close Notepad window> Restart WoW client before logging in for the first time after installation is complete
- If you’re using Windows 10 64bit OS, navigate to your WoW folder and open Wow-64.exe File with notepad or any text editing software
The rest is self-explanatory as you follow the screenshots on each step of the way to customize it for yourself. Have fun!
For more amazing articles click below!