how to block someone on LinkedIn? LinkedIn is a social networking site that has become an important business networking tool. However, there are times when you may need to block someone on LinkedIn for several reasons. In this article, we will explore how to block profile on LinkedIn and how to do so in different ways.
This post talks about how to block somebody from your LinkedIn account by using the “Block” feature or how to report them if they have been harassing you.
Steps For How to Block Someone on LinkedIn
First, how to block someone on LinkedIn by using the “Block” feature.
- To use this method, you must be logged in to your LinkedIn account and access their profile page.
- Once there, click the person icon in the upper right-hand corner of any LinkedIn screen.
- Select “Privacy & Settings” from the drop-down menu and then click “Blocking.”
- Once you are on the Blocking page, scroll to the bottom and enter their name (or email address) in the box provided under “Block Members.”
- Hit save afterward, and this person will be blocked from your account.
- It is important to note that most people do not find out they have been blocked on LinkedIn; however, if they try to send you a message and it comes back as undeliverable, then that will tell them.
The second way how to block someone on LinkedIn is by reporting their activity as inappropriate or harassing.
If this person has been sending messages with content that does not seem right towards your work environment (or potentially has been doing more), you will want to report them as a potential threat.
- To do so, access their profile page and click on “Reports” in the top right-hand corner of any LinkedIn screen.
- Select how this person is harming your experience (such as by sending abusive messages or sharing confidential information).
- Then choose an option that fits how they are behaving (such as “My privacy,” “Spamming me with promotional messages or requests,” etc.).
- Once you have chosen how this person is harming your LinkedIn experience, click the arrow below to continue; review what was reported and whether it warrants further action.
- If yes, hit submit. Although this person will not be blocked from your account, they will have a red flag next to their name as well as an official record of how they are harming your LinkedIn experience.
For more amazing articles, Click Below!